Research shows that the two most important factors to achieve optimal outcomes are skilled manual therapy (hands-on treatment), as well as individualized education and exercise prescription.
Physical therapists are experts in the examination and treatment of musculoskeletal problems. Each patient will be thoroughly evaluated on the first visit to determine which treatments will be most effective and appropriate. We combine a caring touch with skilled techniques to reduce pain and increase mobility.
Many of our therapists carry advanced certifications and board certifications in orthopedics, manual therapy, dry needling, strength & conditioning, workers compensation, pelvic pain, and ergonomic training.
Mobilization is the skilled passive movement to a joint and/or related soft tissues performed to relieve pain and increase mobility.
Manipulation is also skilled passive movement to a joint, similar to mobilization, but it is performed more quickly. Manipulation is often associated with an audible ‘pop’.
– Dry Needling – Click here to learn more.
– Myofascial Release, Deep Tissue Massage, Stretching, Trigger Point Release
– Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Massage-IASTM – Click here to learn more.
– Kinesio-Taping for support, pain relief, swelling (We use KT Tape & Rock Tape) – Click here to learn more.
– Muscle energy techniques (MET)
– Soft tissue massage or mobilization
– Soft tissue release
– Active release
– Proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation (PNF)
– Trigger Point Release
– Cross-Friction Massage
– Scar mobilization/massage
– Inhibitive Deep Pressure (sub-occipital release)
– Muscle Activation Techniques (MAT)
– Mobilization With Movement (MWM)
Physical therapists are a wealth of knowledge on many different topics.
Regardless of how big or small your problem is, we can help.
Did you know PT’s can help you with the following:
– Pain Management
– Stress Management
– Breathing & Relaxation
– Sleep Hygiene (learning how to get a better nights sleep)
– Posture at work or home
– Injury Prevention
– Athletic Performance
– Walking/Running Program
– Shoes & Orthotics
– Fall Prevention
– Weight Loss
– Hydration & Nutrition
Help with pain relief, inflammation, stiffness, soreness
– Spinal Decompression Traction
– Iontophoresis (topical patch for inflammation)
– Ultrasound deep heat
– Electrical Stimulation for pain relief or muscle re-education
– Moist Heat
– Screening Evaluations (Walk-ins welcome without a referral)
– FCE (Functional Capacity Evaluation)-Polylift System
– Impairment Rating using 4th or 6th edition of The Guides to Permanent Impairments
– FMS (Functional Movement Screen)-Athletic Performance/Injury Prevention
– Job-Site Analysis
– Ergonomic Assessment
– Pre-Employment Screenings
– Concussion (Baseline and Post-concussion testing)