Every athlete from every sport is unique in the skills required, the parts of the body used and the injuries they incur.
The specialists at TherapySouth utilize a Sports Medicine program that focuses on:
- The individual athlete
- The sport the athlete plays
- The athlete’s specific injury, how it affects them day-to-day, and how it affects their play
- Helping the athlete recover and return to playing the sport they love so much in the appropriate amount time as it pertains to their specific injury and the demands of the sport they play.
Our Sports Medicine program includes:
- Biomechanical assessment of alignment, function, strength, range of motion and flexibility
- Joint and soft tissue mobilization to increase range of motion
- Exercises to increase tissue flexibility, decrease pain and swelling and promote healing
- Progressive strengthening and conditioning
- Instruction on how to brace and tape
- Sports conditioning prescriptions to assist in transitioning back into play
- Injury prevention
- Concussion baseline testing
- After concussion care