Whether you are recovering from a bone fracture, ligament/tendon repairs or total joint replacement surgery, TherapySouth has an excellent post-surgery rehabilitation program designed to help you recover physically, mentally and emotionally. We understand that the surgical process can take a toll on patients in many ways from pre-surgery to post-surgery, and our therapy specialists will be there to support you every step of the way. Our therapists will work closely with your doctor to ensure optimal outcomes are reached following surgery. Over the years we have developed and refined protocols to help keep your progress on track. Be sure to talk with you doctor about pre-hab (therapy before your surgery to help prepare you) as well as post-operative therapy (after-surgery therapy).
Our After Surgery Rehab aids in the recovery from (but not limited to):
- Arthroscopic surgery (Knee, Shoulder, Ankle, Hip, Elbow)
- Total Joint Replacement (Knee, Hip, Shoulder)
- Back/Neck Surgery (Discectomy, Laminectomy, Fusion)
- Ligament reconstruction (ACL, Ankle, Labrum)
- Muscle/Tendon repair surgery (Rotator Cuff, Biceps, Quadriceps, Achilles)
- Scoliosis (Harrington Rods)
- Hand surgery (Tendon Repair, Carpal Tunnel, Trigger Finger Release)
Lumbar Fusion-PT started three weeks after surgery. Working on general mobility, gentle stretching and core strengthening.