Title: Physical Therapist
Reports to: Service Director
Evaluate, plan and administer programs of physical therapy as requested by referring physician and as evidenced by the patient’s needs.
- Evaluate, prepare and carry out individually designed programs of physical treatment to maintain, improve or restore physical functioning, alleviate pain and prevent dysfunction in patients.
- Complete patient related documentation ensuring content by 9:00 a.m. the following business day.
- Maintain and upgrade professional skills according to company needs and professional requirements.
- Supervise physical therapist assistants and supportive personnel for accurate and timely completion of delegated job tasks.
- Provide job performance assessments of physical therapist assistants and aides to service directors.
- Train new staff and participate in clinical training and supervision of assigned students/interns.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures as well as State and Federal professional regulations.
- Flexibility in treating a varying daily patient load including evaluations, walk-ins and follow up visits.
- Discharge patient from physical therapy when goals or projected outcomes have been attained and provide for appropriate follow up care or referrals.
- Evaluate effects of treatment at various stages and adjust treatments to achieve maximum benefit.
- Instruct patient and family in treatment procedures to be continued at home.
- Perform other duties as required to meet the needs of the company.