TherapySouth believes in giving back to our community. We are proudly partnered with the following organizations.
Urban Purpose 5K
- Our team participates in the 5K each year, and provides physical therapy services such as stretching and pre-run prep, and on-site assistance for those who may experience an injury during the run.
Arrington Middle School
In 2011, TherapySouth began a local “adopt a school” type partnership with Arrington Middle School, located in the West End of section Birmingham. There are several ways that we serve the students and faculty of Arrington:
- Teach Junior Achievement curriculum to two eighth grade classes
- Provide a Teacher Appreciation Lunch in honor of all staff members
- A Weekend Food Project – we shop, pack eighty bags and deliver those bags to the school to the school.
UAB Annual Scholarship
- TherapySouth is proud to offer this annual scholarship to be awarded to a deserving physical therapy student in their second year of the doctoral program.
The Bana Project of Lesotho
- TherapySouth is partnered with the Bana Project of Lesotho through providing the items needed for regular hot meals and other necessities to the village areas most affected by a high number of orphaned and vulnerable children.
Deep South Cancer Foundation
Magic City Cycliad Event
- TherapySouth is once again involved in the Cycliad event to raise money for the UAB Comprehensive Cancer Center. It is a one-day event on March 23th, and features various distance bike rides for all levels: 30, 64, and 100 miles, as well as a community ride in the downtown area.
CMMA (Christian Medical Ministry of Alabama) – Dominican Republic
- We help to provide individuals that have little/no access to physical therapy with care along with developing their relationship with Christ. It is also the perfect opportunity to get to know and mentor to the UAB students just as we do here in Birmingham at the Church of the Reconciler.
Equal Access Birmingham (EAB)
- This is a free PT clinic that is organized by UAB PT students that meets 2 Sunday’s per month currently. TherapySouth collaborates with the UAB PT students to open this free PT clinic twice a month.
Thursday night meals at Brother Bryan Mission
- We have partnered with Grace’s Kitchen (graceskitchen.org) on the first Thursday of every month to serve meals at Brother Bryan Mission (bbmission.org).
Hope Horses (Cullman)
- Cullman clinic has now partnered with Hope Horses in Cullman. We will be volunteering throughout each month at various times & working with disabled children/adults during their lessons.
Various Mission Works
Pictured below: Mission Trip Pictures from Guatemala
Pictured below: Mission Trip Pictures from Kenya
Pictured below: Mission Trip Pictures from China
Pictured below: Mission Trip Pictures from Honduras