TherapySouth believes in giving back to our community. We are proudly partnered with the following organizations.
- Banks Academy is a private Christian school in the Eastlake area of Birmingham. Our employees meet regularly with the students to foster relationships. We also support them in athletic activities and in general support of the school and it’s mission.
Urban Purpose 5K
- Our team participates in the 5K each year, and provides physical therapy services such as stretching and pre-run prep, and on-site assistance for those who may experience an injury during the run.
UAB Annual Scholarship
- TherapySouth is proud to offer this annual scholarship to be awarded to a deserving physical therapy student in their second year of the doctoral program.
Deep South Cancer Foundation – Magic City Cycliad
- TherapySouth has enjoyed a several year partnership with the Deep South Cancer Foundation to field a team to ride in the Cycliad – the major fundraiser for the Deep South Cancer Foudation to support cancer patients and the O’Neal UAB Comprehensive Cancer Center. It is a one-day event that features various distance bike rides for all levels: 30, 64, and 100 miles, as well as a community ride in the downtown area. In 2019 TherapySouth was the top fundraising team!
CMMA (Christian Medical Ministry of Alabama) – Dominican Republic
- We help to provide individuals that have little/no access to physical therapy with care along with developing their relationship with Christ. It is also the perfect opportunity to get to know and mentor to the UAB students just as we do here in Birmingham at the Church of the Reconciler.
Equal Access Birmingham (EAB)
- This is a free PT clinic that is organized by UAB PT students that meets 2 Sunday’s per month currently. TherapySouth collaborates with the UAB PT students to open this free PT clinic twice a month.